Thursday, September 23, 2004

Back Log

Oh, yes, I have an enormous backlog of stuff that I want to watch and/or talk about.

The Thin Man series -- awesome, awesome, awesome! But I would like to watch all of ones that I have taped before getting into them. Even if I did miss Song of the Thin Man, featuring Keenan Wynn as a crazy jazz musician. (He's like, totally, my favorite second lead/character actor from the '40s. Plus he's got a weird Van Johnson connection.)

Van Johnson love -- I've got not just one, but two of his movies waiting to be watched. A Guy Named Joe for the more traditional VJ flick and Slander for the older, more weathered VJ. It should be a good time -- when I finally get around to watching it.

Plus the musicals. I did watch On the Town last weekend, but I was doing other stuff at the same time. But I keep remembering Ozzie (Jules Munshin) going "Woo-woo-woo!" Bizarre what I remember from a darn good movie.

Yeah, hopefully it'll all change once I move. And I've got Monday off, so I can at least try to watch a couple movies while unpacking. Maybe.

FILE UNDER: News and Notes ; Van Johnson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home