Monday, September 13, 2004

My Top Ten Musicals

Since I've been totally disappointed by the movies Turner Classic is showing in September, I've decided to pose a new challenge to myself. Sadly, this challenge is not going to be as involving as the 31 Movies in 31 Days. Instead, I'm going to be creating top ten lists in various movie genres.

And the first top ten list is going to be musicals. I'm also limiting myself to musicals that I own -- so it's definitely not coming from a comprehensive list of musicals. Basically, I have only bought musicals that I really like, so it was a tough decision to narrow the list down from nineteen to ten.

So, without further ado, My Top Ten Musicals:
  1. Singin' in the Rain
  2. West Side Story
  3. Summer Stock
  4. Moulin Rouge
  5. Gigi
  6. Take Me Out to the Ball Game
  7. On the Town
  8. Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
  9. The Sound of Music
  10. Chicago
Over the next few days -- or weeks -- I'll be writing reviews of all the musicals, hopefully after rewatching them and taking notes. I love musicals -- especially the great Hollywood era musicals. There is a reason Gene Kelly shows up in four movies! (Well, it might be just that I don't own any Fred Astaire movies that I have watched yet.)

But first, what movies didn't make the cut? They're all great -- but just not as great as the first ten. In no particular order,
FILE UNDER: News and Notes ; Top Ten Lists

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home