Friday, September 03, 2004

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

I saw an article today about Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. Honestly, I have to say I wasn't too aware of this movie...I think I might have seen a preview for it over the summer, but it just looked really weird. But it has got the best title of any movie that I can recall in recent history. Plus there is a killer cast -- Jude Law, Gwyneth Paltrow (eh...she's got an Oscar?), Angelina Jolie, and Giovanni Ribisi. Yeah, so I understand from reading a little bit on the IMDb that it's a totally computer generated film -- what a gimmick! It does appear to have a fun visual appearance though; there's a very 1940s serial feel to it. And there are fun names for the characters like Polly Perkins (Paltrow), Dex Dearborn (Ribisi), and, of course, C'ptain Sky (Law).

But best of all, it's got Angelina Jolie with an eyepatch! Can a movie have a better selling point? I think not.


Angelina Jolie and her schnazzy eye patch in Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow



FILE UNDER: News and Notes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home